Thursday, March 02, 2017

Early Morning Phone Call

It was 5:07 when the phone started ringing. It took me a few rings to realize what was going on and reach for the phone.

I said "Hello" and was met by that silent gap you get when some tele-marketer is using an automatic dialer to make calls.

With a semi heavy accent, the guy said," Hello, this is Larry from the Microsoft Windows Call Center. How are you to today?"

I responded with, "It's five o'clock in the morning you Asshole!" 

At that point, Larry hung up.

I then laid there in bed for the next 45 minutes until my alarm went off ruminating about all the different scenarios I could have used to keep him on the phone and waste his time.

I've been called with this scam before where I am informed my computer may have been infected with a virus or is in danger of being infected. I'm not sure how the scam works because I've never let it get to the point where they are making me open my computer or ask for a bank account or something. 

Anyway, Larry got me because I'm still thinking about it. By now, he's called 75 other people and totally moved on from our encounter.

I just hate those parasites!

No comments: