Sunday, March 26, 2017

Wallace Weekend

We have just returned from our second try at a ski weekend. 

We drove to Lookout Pass yesterday morning and arrived about 10:30. The lift tickets I bought on line were honored and we proceeded to ski in Spring conditions.

We skied in fog, snow, sun, snow and sun, and a little bit of wind.

We had a great day that ended after seven runs for Susan. She hit the bar while I decided to go for at least one more run. My knees were not happy with me and I knew I had to take it easy.

Nonetheless, I skied three more runs for a total of ten. That means I brought my ticket price down to about $3.40 a run.

I met Susan in the bar and we have a Bloody Mary and decided where we were going to watch the Big Gonzaga game. We elected to drive down the hill and watch it at City Limits Bar and Grill. We had a couple more nice B.M.'s. 

Gonzaga handily handled Xavier and won by 20 points to finally make it to the Final Four. Next they play South Carolina on Saturday at 3:09.

We spent the night in the Brooks Hotel. We could not get into any of the other places we like because there was a ski race going on so all the rooms got booked up. 

Our room was on the third floor and they don't have an elevator. That would not normally be a problem except for the horrible fatigue in my knees and various other joints.

Our room was really nice. We had a king size bed with a flat screen TV looking down on it and then a little living room with another TV.

We checked in and got settled and then set out to party in Wallace. We first stopped in the bar that was attached to the Brooks, where we discovered $3 glasses of wine out of a box.

We then moved around the block to the Smokehouse. We got in just in time because they were trying to shut down for the night. This was about 8:30.


No comments: