Sunday, March 05, 2017

Sunday with Sir Elton

I think it might be time to change my font size in this blog to accommodate my deteriorating eye sight. I'll try it this time and see how it comes out. 

It is Sunday around the homestead and we are having a lazy afternoon prior to going to see Sir Elton John at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena tonight. It has been a good 17 years and one marriage since I have seen him and I am really looking forward to it.

I have Elton going in the background and hoping he will play the one song I really want to hear, Tiny Dancer. He skipped it when last I saw him. 

Before the concert, we are going to dinner at Tecate, a local Mexican restaurant. We shall be joined by Kim and Gary Gardell and Karen and Randy Lewandowski. We are buying dinner for the Lewindowski's because they insisted on paying for the tickets. I think we got the better end of the deal unless they are planning on eating $98.00 worth of Mexican food. If they do, I don't want to sit near them.

Phil came over earlier and he and I went shopping for construction supplies for the shelf I want him to build in the bathroom.

We got most of what we needed but there are a couple of items that can wait until we make some progress on the main framework of the shelf. 

Initially, I couldn't decided whether I wanted the shelves to be adjustable. Now that I have thought about it, why wouldn't I want them to be adjustable. And not just for me...how about whomever comes after us.

No comments: