Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mo' Sno

Some time during the night, we got a light snow fall, maybe half an inch. It's enough to cover my car and perhaps enough to make me break out the snowblower. I never need much of a reason to break out the snowblower.

But first...Church!

11:37 AM: My Christmas Tree hunt yesterday took longer than I thought. I started out at the General Store but did not care for their selection.

I decided to drive north on Division street and surely I would come upon a humble Christmas Tree lot that held the perfect tree. I had to go all the way to Nevada...and Francis to find my first lot.

It's a place I have gone to before so I thought I would give them a shot. They had a very nice tall busy douglas fir for $59.99. I took it!

I put it in the Carriage House so the snow would melt off of it. I'm just about to go pull it out and bring it inside.

But first, I have to attach an extension cord to my roof. I have an area of snow melt cord to prevent a giant icicle from forming up there. It an easy thing to do but the set up is time consuming. Especially since I have to go upstairs and get the ladder.

Later: I never got the wire attached. It is something I will need to do but as of today...no go.


Editors Note: This is being written a good month after this post. I was just reviewing a few posts and noticed the paragraph four up from here where, for some reason, I described the tree as tall and busy. I bet I meant bushy. I could have edited it and you would never know but I like the idea of a busy tree.

No comments: