Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Shopping

Including today, there are three shopping days left before Christmas. That seems like a good time for me to start. And so I did. I would love to tell you about it, but I have to go downstairs and decorate Christmas Cookies. It's a treasured Christmas tradition.
Okay! That cherished tradition is in the books for another year.

I managed to get just about everything I wanted on my shopping sojourn, plus I came up with a couple of good added presents. It's a cold cloudy day in Des Moines and the shoppers are definitely out. I wasn't in any big hurry and especially because I'm unfamiliar with the city, I bided my time.

We went to Phil and Margaret's church tonight for their Saturday evening service. It was nice but frustrating to see a church that is doing well when we attend a church that is barely hanging on.

After the service, we went to a local bar to hear another band that Neil plays in, the Soul Searchers. They are a very tight bluesy band and really a joy to listen to.

It's now about 10 pm and time to wind down the day. I have one more thing I need to get tomorrow and I think I know where to get it. Let's see how I do.


No comments: