Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Iowa - Day Six

Today is our last full day in Iowa. We are going to lunch with the cousins and then going to see a play tonight.

Last night's news was talking about snow advisories in South Dakota. I looked on some SoDak traffic cameras just now and they definitely have snow. It's not a lot at this point and I don't know what the forecast calls for.

We had already decided to make the trip back a three day affair. That will make it easier on us and the drive. The plan for tomorrow is to make it to Rapid City. That's 626 miles. On Friday, we plan to reach Bozeman. That is a distance of 458 miles. 

The Washington State Football Cougars are playing Iowa State in the AlamoBowl. It looks like the game is at 7:00. We should be able to make Bozeman in time for us to find a bar and watch the game. If we are doing really well, I'm going to try and make it to Butte. That's only another 90 miles, but we will be crossing the Continental Divide in the dark.

On top of everything, I have developed a cold, with a sore throat and stuffed up head. It's not keeping me down but I'm not feeling terribly perky.

11:06PM: We had a delightful lunch with the cousins. I had a nice French Dip sandwich which gave me trouble when we returned home and I laid down for a nap.

I napped until 6 and then we went downtown to a play called "Triple Espresso". It was a community theater offering and it was hilarious. I enjoyed myself in spite of how I feel...which is not great.

When next you hear from us, we'll be in snowy Rapid City, SoDak.

No comments: