Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter Weekend 2020

We are at the end of the Lenten Season which means I get to drink beer again. It's been a tough go getting through this. There have been lots of evenings where I have come home and thought how nice a beer would be. The frothy taste, the bubbly foam...ahhhh.

We have someone coming over at 2:00 today to give us an estimate on a new roof. I have big reservations about this because I have a feeling from the phone contact that this is going to be a high pressure sales effort.

Originally, I had the appointment set for Monday. Then they called back and asked if I was married and would my wife be there. I said no and they requested to reschedule when she would be available. That little action alone set off an alarm. We'll see how it goes.

For now, we are making a run over to our church to paint a banner. We are going on our fourth week of suspended services but we thought our church should make a statement in lieu of Easter.
We do not expect that banner to last very long. It was windy out and the non tear fabric I used for the banner was pulling through the staples. At least I have it enshrined here forever...or for ever how long the Inter-web lasts.

After that, I have a couple of friends coming over at noon to enjoy the first beer with me.

4:33PM: I have dranken beer and it was worth the dranking.

The roof guy came by and looked everything over, took some measurement and gave us a bid of $27,000.00. I was expecting it to be around $30K so the three thousand dollar discount was appreciated. But, if we make the decision by Tuesday, the price is $23,000. I'm not sure what is magical about Tuesday that makes the price increase but I expect it has something to do with F.M. 
(Hint: The M stands for "Magic".)

In the meantime, we are winding down our day which has turned out to be a good one. Susan is preparing some food for tomorrow. We are taking food over to Mom's. The house is currently alive with the smell of bacon, which is driving me nuts.

No comments: