Sunday, May 31, 2020

Cold and Windy Sunday

I was going to try and mow today but the weather is not cooperating. It's cold, windy and a strong chance of rain.

This doesn't seem to be a good day to start the Boiler Game, but it is done. I turned the heat off this morning. The Boiler Game is of course, the game where we turn off the furnace and see how long we can go until it must be turned on again. We have made it well into October before. In any event, let the game begin.

To celebrate the re-opening of stuff, we went out to breakfast with our friend Mark. We were going to go to this little place within walking distance called Cabot's Kitchen. But they were still closed. So we went to the new location of the Kalico Kitchen, which used to occupy Cabot's place before moving to this new locale.

Breakfast was good and the place was as full as they could make it under the new reduced occupancy rules.

I am about to conduct a search of this blog to find out when we re-did the floors in the TV Room. I'll let you know how I fare.

2:16PM: Success!  I was beginning to think I had blogged about the staining but not written done the formula. As it turns out, I did write it down.

It's the same formula we are currently using on the trim. I discovered it in a post dated September 6th, 2010. The surprising part to me was learning we put down 5 coats of varnish.

No comments: