Saturday, May 09, 2020

Saturday Musings

It is a beautiful Spring Saturday and we are going to do some stuff today. I don't want to be more pacific than that for fear of sounding stupid.

We've just returned from church where we dropped off some food our Pastor is collecting to deliver to the food bank. It looks like we are making a nice haul.

While there, we observed the damage from the fire on Wednesday that burned up a good portion of our shrubbery. 


I counted at least 40 to 45 shrubs that need to be replaced. We have no culprits regarding how this happened but we suspect smoking kids.

I spent a good portion of yesterday with my power washer. I cleaned Mom's patio and washed her patio carpets. Then I came home and power washed the deck. Man...did it need it! I'm going to break out the chairs at some point this weekend.

Today I'm going to continue with the power washing theme. We have two outdoor carpets for the front porch that need a good scrubbing. While I have it out and operating, I'm going to wash my car and hose down the barbecue, which we will be using tonight for to make a fabulous Saturday evening meal. Steaks and asparagus! Yum!!

It's approaching noon o'clock and we are just now having a breakfast burrito that Susan made. Yum!!

We are still in the midst of the Covid-19 Lockdown where we are all staying home and trying not to interact with each other. People are starting to get antsy and many are calling for the opening of some businesses. It will probably be a while before we can return to the Hub but there is no problem going to the store or anywhere else as long as you maintain a 6 foot distance from others.

Okay, time to get outside and not spread the Covie.

No comments: