Sunday, June 28, 2020

Staining Baseboards

I have finally completed cutting all the baseboard for the TV Room. I can't say I'm thrilled with the job I did on the coping corners. I only needed to cut three corners. Some look better than others. Thankfully, they are in the corners and they are dark.

I'm starting the staining process today. I've just painted on the wood conditioner and I'll begin staining in about 15 minutes. 

I'm staining the smaller boards today. If everything goes well, I might be able to devote some attention to my two really long boards...but I doubt it.
Above is the only picture I remembered to take during the staining process. The good news is that I was able to get all my boards treated and stained. So that gets me that much closer to having the baseboards ready to go.

We are planning on refinishing the floor this coming weekend. It's the Fourth of July so we have a three day weekend. I will probably have a four day weekend, which is a whole day better.

Once the floor is completed, we will be really close to finishing this project.

I am pretty happy with my efforts to match the north facing board with the curve in the floor.
I ended up making three passes to get it where I was satisfied. The final pass closed the gap even more than shown above.


No comments: