Saturday, July 04, 2020

It's Still About Sanding

When we stopped working last night, we were quite tired and sore. I believe I expressed those revelations in the previous post.

We got up this morning, somewhat revived, and continued with the work. I had to leave first thing in the morning to open up our church to a group of do-gooder sandwich makers. These folks make about 300 sandwiches with an assortment of other lunch items and then distribute them to anyone who wants one. They position themselves around parks and bridges and the like.

Anyway, I open up the building and then leave them to their operation. This has been going on for a couple of months.

I returned home about ten to find Susan on her knees with a hand sander working on the edges and corners we couldn't get to with the big floor sander.

I managed to get through a light sanding with medium grit sand paper and then another with fine grit.

The floor looks and feels pretty damn good. We got through the sanding part.

Because we sanded the front porch too, we have added another project that will keep us from the TV Room until we paint the porch. I'm hoping that will be next weekend. But that will require some evening work out of us over the next week.

We'll see. We're clearly not on a schedule.

We returned the floor sander and got charged for 24 hours plus 4 hours. That was a grand total of $105.00. I haven't figured out yet how much the sand paper cost us. Somewhere around $75.00 I surmise.

Susan continued to work on the porch when we returned. I did a bunch of vacuuming and then got to work on my second coat of stain for the baseboards.

All my staining is now complete. Our next project in the TV Room will be painting the walls, followed by staining the floor.

Oh, the joys of old home ownership.

No comments: