Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mo Porch Work

One of my fixes on the porch worked and the other did not. 
This one worked. I was able to hit it with the sander and make it flush to the porch
This one did not work. The glue did not make good contact with the adjacent boards and I was able to pull the whole shim right out. I 
re-glued and added another very thin shim to the group. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it will work.

Upon inspection of my caulking skills, I see I need better skills. Or at least, caulk that does shrink so much. I did a third round of caulking today and I think that should do it. I will look at everything tomorrow and give it all a light sanding.

It took three tubes of caulking to do the first round. It took only one tube to complete rounds two and three.

No comments: