Saturday, July 18, 2020

Porch Primin'

We drove to the outskirts of town last night to try and get a look at the Neowise Comet. It's supposed to be visible for the next few days. From the pictures I have seen, it looks like a smeared star. Nonetheless, it would be cool to see it only because I will not be around when it returns in six thousands years.

However, the adventure was a bust. we saw no comet. Perhaps we have to go out later in the evening than 10:00. If that's the case, I'll wait the six thousand.

We cleaned off the porch today. I blew it with the leaf blower and then Susan mopped it while I wiped down the rails. Then we taped up all the edges. That took a while. 

When we finished, we debated as to whether we should continue or wait to complete it tomorrow. Waiting almost won out but we overcame our (my) laziness and soldiered on.


We got half the porch primed, covering only the areas of bare wood and the wood putty. We already see indications that the wood putty was cracking so that might have not been the best idea to put it down. 

However, we have and now we are sealing the wood putty beneath a thick coat of primer. Side two is scheduled for tomorrow.

I would like to show you the little areas where I laid in the thin strips of wood to fill a big hole, but I can't find them.

I think this might be one of the spots right in the middle of the picture. It's hard to tell which means I did a good job.

No comments: