Saturday, August 15, 2020

Canoe Day - Finally!

 For the first time this year, and to my shame, I went canoeing today. I feel shame because I have tried several times to go out to the river but have not made the commitment. 

Today I made the commitment. I'm so glad I did. It was a wonderful trip.

And it wasn't that big of a commitment. I went out about 10:30 and I was home by one.

It was a great day and everything went well. I was worried about my ability to lift the canoe by myself and get it in the water. It turns out that I had no problem. The toughest part was getting the canoe out of the water. After dragging it up the short beach and on to the flat ground, that had me gasping for breath.

Add caption
I paddled up to St George's and floated back down. It was a great day and I had no trouble paddling as far as stamina goes. So I'm feeling pretty good about that.

About 20 years ago...maybe longer, I made this sign and nailed it to the pole. It has definitely weathered and needs to be replaced.

So I managed to scrounge up a hammer and pull it down. I will sand the sign down to bare metal and repaint it. I'm going to create the same phrase, but probably use a different font. It has held up pretty well for as long as it's been there.

No comments: