Thursday, February 25, 2021

Another Vacation Day

7:26AM: Based on Murphy's Law, I was pretty sure that once I got the snow blower working again, there would be no more snow this season.

So I was delighted to wake up this morning and see the snow really coming down. There is about a half inch on the ground and it is supposed to snow until 8:30...according to Alexa, the Magical Weather Person.

I have the day off. Things are really slow at work and I offered to use up some of my vacation days. So I'm off today and tomorrow. My plan is to go skiing tomorrow. Which leaves me today to do something.

I have decided that the "something" will be to clean the house. It'll be a little surprise for Susan. I'm also going to fix a space heater we have and watch a little Gonzaga basketball at 4:00.

And of course, I will be snow blowing when this snowfall blows over.

Stay tuned for ACTION!

There is the snow depth for you as of 9:12 PST in the AM. I measure it at 2 1/2 inches. I suppose you want me to prove it to you.

I've never thought of you as skeptical!

Okay, the scheduled time for the snow to cease is now in about half an hour. That puts it at 10:05. See you then.

10:18AM: The snow has stopped. I'm heading out.

12:10PM: I am finished! I did a super blow, the biggest one I have ever blown. I did the driveway, the street in front of the driveway, the alley, three quarters of my block and Lou and Tammy's side of the street. I left their driveway to Tammy, who needs to get out and get some exercise. 

I'm really having a wonderful day. It feels good to get all this stuff done.

I'm heading upstairs to finish my cleaning.

7:50PM: I got the upstairs cleaned. I also got the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. Then I went to the Hub and watched Gonzaga barely squeak past Santa Clara. They're still undefeated. They're still number one in the nation.

Not a bad day!

By the way, the snow was all melted by 3:00 in the afternoon.

No comments: