Monday, February 08, 2021

Vacation Project One

 I am on vacation this week. I have over 120 hours of vacation time to use up and so, here I am on vacation. I plan to ski at least one day, tomorrow. I have a couple of projects I would like to do. Chief among them, I would like to clean out and organize the Carriage House.

In order to do that, I first need to clean up and organize the Paint Room in the basement.

It looks like this.

That, by the way, is a horrible picture of the closet we call the Paint Room. You can't even see the stuff on the floor. There is a ton of it and you cannot walk into the room. There is no organization involved in any of it.

It now looks like this.

Better. Well, emptier.

Back when this house was a group home for Retarded Adults, this closet was a bathroom for the staff. Nice, huh?


Now, it looks like this. I'm installing the supports for the shelving. I have to take a break right now because my drill and power driver need to be recharged.


It's 1:35 right now. I shall wait until 2:00. In the meantime, I would like to talk about this next picture.

I am also cleaning and organizing my closet. It contains just a huge backlog of crap in there. Among the crap are these items of footwear.

They are all still wearable shoes for someone who has unwearable shoes. But for me, I don't wear them anymore. I feel guilty just tossing them out but I don't think they are good enough for Goodwill. And so they are being tossed.

You know what, I take that back. I'm going to let Goodwill decide.

4:22PM: Okay, the project is done and I am pleased.


I'm going to buy one more 48 inch shelf to put in the middle of the bottom shelf and the next one up. I'll be able to get all the paint out of the Carriage House and create some much needed space.

I am tired after all that and a little sore...because I'm in such great shape. I definitely worked harder today than I ever do at work. I hope the boss never reads this

No comments: