Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Weekend Day C

It has been a stellar weekend. Here we are at Monday morning and it looks to be a beautiful day. Laundry is in the washer, dishes are in the washer, and the sprinkler is running in the front yard. So we are using a LOT of water this morning.

We have a few projects going for the day but not before enjoying the morning with a newspaper and a cup of coffee on the front porch.

10:37AM: I went across the street to check the pool filter and decided the pool needed to be used. I jumped in and baby, it is cold. If I wasn't awake then, I am now. 

Next, we are installing the final curtain in the TV Room.

Here's something I hardly ever say. "I was wrong!" I hardly ever say that because I have Susan, who says it for me.

We were not installing the final curtain on the north window. We were installing the next to final curtain on the door. And it looks lovely.

So that's one project down.

4:57PM: Wew! What a day. I would like to tell you about it but we have to head over and visit Mom with some Kentucky Fried Chicken.

7:14PM: We are back from visiting Mom. She is not having a good day. She can't put any weight on her hip leg. It's pretty painful. She wasn't hungry so we have KFC for lunch.

I now have the time to talk about our work on the Arbor Vitae.

I started yesterday cutting out a bunch of the dead stuff. As you can see, it really opened up the bottom.

We continued today and really got in to the foliage and cut out a shit load of dead branches. I completely cut out a dead trunk and we left a little Charlie Brown sprig of a bush that has a little green growing on it. I will be watering these a lot over the coming days and see what happens.

Here they are after we finished. It's different but very subtle.

And here is Charlie Brown.

All in all, it's been a great weekend.

Back to work!

  

 

No comments: