Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Se7en Two Six

The heat continues its onslaught here in Spokane. I think it was close to 90°.

Susan has been working all day on cleaning the main floor of the house. I have been working on the Play House. I got up early and drove to Coeur d'Alene to get two 10 inch by 10 foot cedar boards for the Play House siding. Cost: $69.00!

I've spent the day struggling with them. Cutting to the correct length, priming them, fitting them into place and a crap load of nailing.

The old boards rotted from the nails and fell off a couple of years ago. Here's one of them.

I'm happy to say that it looks half way decent now. I'll do the final painting tomorrow. 

Then I have to get to work on a thorough cleaning of the front porch.

I should also mention that today is Susan's birthday. We will be enjoying her traditional birthday dinner of cheeseburgers, corn, potato chips and cottage cheese.   

No comments: