Monday, August 29, 2022

What To Do Once You’re Retired

11:58AM: Today we are continuing the destruction of the kitchen floor. Ideally, I would like to get the whole rest of the linoleum cut up with the saw and be done with the messy part of this project.

I have completed the first half, cutting up everything to the south of the island. I even moved the fridge and cut up the floor under it.

Susan is presently vacuuming while I am writing this portion of the post. When she is finished, we will move the Piano Bar and mini fridge and other assorted items that are in the way so I can proceed to cutting up the remaining linoleum near the doors to the deck.

3:00PM: The floor is cut up in to nice bite sized squares. I do not feel like pulling up any of those squares. We are concentrating now and some dust remediation. Now that the floor has been completely cut up, the dust storm this house has endured is at its end. So we can dust and clean the thick layer of dust I have been creating since this started back on the second week of August.





But first, I think I deserve a dip in the pool.

No comments: