Friday, June 09, 2023

Another Setback

 Carter arrived at 7:30, right on schedule to help me install the downdraft fan. I brought him into the kitchen to survey the project. He agreed that even though it is very tight, the fan and the gas cooktop would fit in the cabinet.

He started getting a bunch of measurements, he cut a hole in the bottom for the fan duct, and I gave him the installation manual and the mounting brackets for the fan.

I ordered the brackets back in March through G.E. When they came, I just packed them by the fan and left them alone.

It was immediately apparent that they sent the wrong brackets. Why I didn’t double check when they came in, I cannot tell you.

Needless to say, the fan did not get installed today.

I drove over to Fred’s Appliance where we puRchased the unit and had Devin order the correct parts. AGAIN, why I didn’t order the brackets from him in the first place, I cannot say. I clearly have a recessive gene that prevents me from thinking clearly.

Additionally needless to say, no work is being done on the kitchen today.

Well…that’s not true either. Susan is working on stowing plates and platters and small appliances in the cabinets. The mess in the dining and living rooms is receding.

No comments: