Friday, June 22, 2007

...And the Livin' is Easy!

The Summer Solstice has commenced so now it is time to get down to Summering.

My Annual Summer Solstice Party is Saturday. The deck isn't really in shape to receive a party. It needs to be painted which will not happen before Saturday. I spent last evening doing some wiring. I put five can light into the soffet where the new roof extension is. It went well but I tore the crap out of my fingers in the process. That outdoor wire is really difficult to strip.

But, I must have done something right because the lights came on and the house did not burn down . . . yet!


I must say that I am pleased with my method of routing the power up to the lights. I used the existing wiring that powered a spot light on the deck and channeled it up through the dead bug encrusted soffet and over to the new lights. I put 60 watt bulbs in each can, and boy is it ever bright. I'm going to buy some lower wattage bulbs today. Depending on how that works, I may consider installing a dimmer switch.

No comments: