Friday, June 08, 2007

Working Out & Finishing Touches




Last nights' activities involved the installation of baseboards in the Landing area. Since I am not a professional, it required a great deal of effort and ciphering on my part to accomplish this arduous task.
I placed the chop saw down on the front porch because I didn't want to create a mess on the landing or risk scratching the new finish. So for every board I placed, I had to measure it and then put it in place to make sure it fit. Then, when it didn't fit, I had to run downstairs, re-cut it, run back up the stairs and then place it again.
I figure that for every board, I had to cut it three or four times. With 17 pieces, that means that I went up and down the stairs a minimum of 51 times.
I had been upset with myself for not having run lately. If I have any more nights like this, I should ripped in no time.
Everything is on schedule and I am still planning on moving furniture on Sunday.

No comments: