Thursday, January 31, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This is Winter!

Another three to four inches fell last night. I fired up the Snow Blower at 6AM and went to work. The plows had been by so I had some berms to blow out.

They are forecasting more snow for tomorrow. Around two or three inches more.

I LOVE it!
I finally lost the Icicle today. I didn't measure it this morning but it was around 55 inches.

As I feared, it took the rain gutter with it. What I wasn't planning on was losing the trim off the house as well.

I feel like I should have killed the icicle, which was inevitably going to die anyway, and save the rain gutter. However, I think I probably would have lost the rain gutter anyway, as it was full of big frozen chunks of ice. The icicle probably was all it took the bring the rest of it down. I needed to secure that trim better anyway. This gives me a reason to do it. . .when it warms sufficiently.

Here's a picture to honor the memory of a damn fine icicle and the scene of its horrible demise.

No comments: