Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mad at the Dirt

I had to make a stop downtown after work yesterday. I found an open parking space very close to my destination and pulled in. When I opened the door, the wind blew the door handle right out of my hand. The door swung open hard, right into a light pole. The dent is not huge, but it stands out to me like a gaping hole. I was so pissed and there was nobody to be pissed at. I guess I could be mad at the wind but doesn't that ultimately lead to being mad at God?! I can't really blame God. It would have been nice if He had warned me though.

I pulled out the mower for the first time of the year and got the lawn done. The mower started on the third pull. It ran really well. I have been dubious in the past as to how much longer this mower will last me. I have taken it in for tune ups, but it has never really improved its performance. It tends to surge for a while upon start up and you have to kind of coax it to keep running until it is warmed up. Yesterday, it just ran like the wind. And yet, I'm still mad at the wind.

No comments: