Sunday, August 30, 2009

Achievement Gawds

We had such a wonderful day of achievement that I can hardly contain myself. On Friday, we invited my Mom and her special friend John (I can't call him a boyfriend cuz we're talking 'bout my Mom here).

Anyway, John is everything I am not when it comes to home improvement. He got us started on our Entryway Project. Here's the deal. We are removing the hardwood floor in the entryway and replacing it with tile. We have found a tile pattern that we like and have ordered it...almost.

So John came over and helped me get the whole thing going. We cut the hardwood which will allow me to remove it and replace it with tile. Here are pictures. Here is John doing all my work. I love him for that

Below is the floor just after I began removing a couple of the boards. I have a long way to go at this point.

In this picture, I have removed a few more boards and the view shows the repair area I will have to deal with.
Here is a picture of the entryway cleared of the hardwood flooring. This is the area where the tile will be placed.Here is a shot of the repair area after I have chiseled away the damaged boards.

Okay, from here, I have to patch this section of floor. I tried a couple of plans but they didn't work so well for me. I finally ended up taking a long piece and just hammering it into place. Then I hammered another piece into place next to it in the shorter span. it worked well and they are a tight fit. I'm rather pleased with myself. However, the last time I was pleased with myself, I followed by cutting into a gas line...so, not really so smug.

No comments: