Monday, August 03, 2009

Hot Tub Delivery Day

It was a busy weekend full of accomplishments and I have the aching sore neck to prove it.

Last weekend I borrowed a truck from my friend Rob. It's his extra utility truck...I call it the Farm Truck. I went to the dump and hauled stuff and did a series of manly truck related items. Rather than return it on Sunday, I just kept it for the whole week. I hauled two loads of pea gravel to the new hot tub pit. I hauled lumber. I hauled and hauled and hauled. I used about $80.00 worth of gas.

I don't think I have reported this before so I better say it now. Our neighbors have offered us their hot tub. It is a 15 year old Hotsprings hot tub. It is in good condition and all we have to do is move it.

So we have been preparing the site where the tub will go and getting ready for the move. Yesterday was move day. I got several friends to whom I am now indebted. I rented a hot tub dolly which was very slick. This was a big metal cart with steerable wheels on both ends. We lifted the tub up on end and onto the cart. Then it was just a matter of wheeling it next door and dropping (softly) into place.

The most amazing part of the whole operation was that the tub is level. I'm not sure it will remain that way once we fill it, but for now a level tub is a happy tub and I am happy.

Rob has his truck back and it is very clean and gassed up.

Painting is continuing on the front of the house. Our painter has been very meticulous about preparing everything. She has spent several days scraping, power washing and caulking. It looks like she is just about ready to paint. Once she starts that, she'll be finished rather quickly.

The heat has been unrelenting for a couple of weeks now. Keeping water on the lawn is a major effort. If I miss a couple of days, you see it right away.

No comments: