Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright...etc!

I had a wonderful evening this Saturday night and I don't even know where to begin. So let's start at the beginning.

Today was my first day back at Scotty's Bar & Grill in a couple of months...probably since the surgery. No wait! I have worked one other day since the surgery but this is not important and I should delete the whole last line. If you're not reading this, you'll know I did.

It was a slow day but nice to be back in the Bartending Saddle.

I finally connected with my friend Mike via the Skype. He is currently residing in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico. He's teaching English, which he's really good at. I've heard him speak it. Skype is really cool. I have to turn more people on to it. I would like to get Susan and her sister Margaret going on it. Of course, then I would never have access to the computer.

On my way home, I picked up a huge piece of cow for the Bar B-Q, along with some asparagus for stinky pee and some mushrooms to top it all off. That was an excellent meal.

My task of the night was to clean the fish aquarium. There is only the one goldfish (Norman) in there but he is a major creator of scum. That task went easily and it would go more easily if I would learn the lesson of regular cleanings.

I decided to light the fire pit and burn some scrap wood we have built up. It was a lovely night for a fire, sitting in the glow with a drink and a cigar. Finally, I would like to say that I had no reason to be fearful of the squirrels NOT finding the new feeder. The had no trouble at all. I haven't seen them use it yet but it gets emptied every day so I'm pretty sure they found it. I'll probably see it in use tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

No comments: