Monday, August 24, 2009

Classy Classiness at it's Classiest

This evening I completed the very classy piece of resistance to finish off the front porch. I painted a delicate highlight on the mailbox to totally tie together all the elements of the house painting frontal exposure project. Now...it is perfect...except for the other little highlights we want to add.Nothing major, actually. We just want to experiment with some subtle striping highlights around the columns. It's the type of thing that probably only we would notice.

Something else I just noticed is the damn telephone cord hanging in the background of the mailbox. Whoever the Moron was who strung the telephone many years ago didn't give a crap about pieces of resistance.

It's not that I am just now discovering this. I knew it was there. I just don't know what to do about it right now. When we remodel that room where that phone line goes to, I will do it properly through the underbelly of the house. In the meantime, I am forced to live with that wire as is, mocking me and preventing me from completing our flawless front porch perfection.

It is tough to be a Prima Dona!

No comments: