Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lazy Bastard

I have ridden my bike to work the last couple of days. I was hoping to go all week without using the car but I ran into a problem this morning. The problem is: me!

I just couldn't get my lazy ass out of bed this morning. No reason other than not motivated. So as I laid there in bed, against the warm cuddliness of Susan, I told myself that I probably needed to drive today.

"Um...let's see...oh, I know! I need to buy some trim for the new door in the entryway. Yeah, that's it! Okay, 35 more minutes to lie here and snuggle."

So I reference the bike riding to bring up this question.
What the hell are they doing down there?
As I ride home through Riverfront Park, I noticed all these workmen in Bobcats cruising around the riverbed. It looks like they are placing large packs of sand bags in the riverbed. How long are those sand bags going to stay in place once the spring run off kicks in and the current turns into a roiling torrent?...he asked incredulously!

So I'll be keeping an eye on that.

In the realm of home remodeling, I'm going to buy some trim today for the new door in the entryway.

No comments: