Thursday, October 06, 2011

A Mess o' Countdowns

I've been trying to remember to write something here but life in the real world has gotten in the way. That's why I will not be getting involved in any social networking on line. I spend too much time in front of a computer as it is. 


Autumn has finally arrived in the form of drizzily wetness. It has gone from gentle misting to a good driving rain. It's been pretty constant. Today was the first day I wore a coat as I went off to work this morning.


We have two countdown clocks going right now and a third more urgent countdown clock was just added.


The first clock is the Countdown to the Heater. I will look back but I believe Oct 8th is the record.


We have added a complication to this years Countdown to the Heater as the boiler is not ready to be fired up. I have a radiator off line and do not want to hook it up and fill the system until Susan finishes her wall papering in the hallway.


The approach of Halloween is also counting down and soon I will be working on the ghost in the front yard.


The new monkey in the Countdown is a skywalk window painting project that was thrown at us yesterday. It is for an event on October 22nd, which is just over two weeks away. We really didn't feel we have the time to do this but we also don't want to turn it down and have someone else waltz in and get their paint stained feet in the door.


So we are going to do it starting Sunday and are scurrying around to get some projects done before we loose the three days.

No comments: