Sunday, October 23, 2011

One Week until Halloween

Opening night is such a C.F. Here's a video from today. I find that three ghosts makes all the difference.
I got a little yard work done but it won't last long. I expect this clean and semi-orderly setting will be gone by tomorrow.



















I woke up this morning and thought a smelled a slight essence of wine. When we got into the kitchen this morning, we found this sight.

























The little yeasty beasties have really been active. You can see lots of churning and bubbling going on in the bucket. The gravity reading has already dropped several points making this a 7% alcohol fluid at this point. It still has a ways to go.


The top of the bucket is a mesh bag containing all the grape skins, a few vines, and probably the remains of several spiders. The bottom is all juice. It still tastes very sweet which brings me back to my previous statement...it still has a ways to go.

No comments: