Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I'm a Weirdo!

The snow that fell a couple of weeks ago is just about gone. It certainly no longer poses a threat to driving or getting around. Most sidewalks are clear although there is the danger of ice in some places as the snow melts and then freezes across an area of pavement.

I don't know why I'm bringing this up other than to update the Ethernet on this sitch. (That's hip InterWeb slang for "Situation")

Here's another useless bit of information I feel compelled to impart. No...not useless information...more like a stupid observation.

I spelled the word "cauterize" today. I used it in an e-mail. I have used it in conversation lots and lots. In fact, I can remember the first time I ever heard the word.

It was on "The Six Million Dollar Man" when Steve Austin was marooned on an island and administered first aid to an injured guy by cauterizing his wound with his bionic finger.

I believe this is the first time in my 54 years that I have spelled the word.

The reason I bring this up is because I think it is interesting (and weird) that this has any significance at all in my memory. I'm a weirdo.

Oh wow! I just found my header.

No comments: