Monday, June 18, 2012

Ketchup Post

I have had so much I wanted to get in here and so little of it has happened. So, this is my opportunity to try and catch up.


Ketchup Item #1: Remember my hops? Both plants are doing well. They are doing extremely well. One might say exceedingly swell-ly well. Take a look!



You could reference my posts back in April when the first shoots started poking out of the ground. It's hard to believe these are the same shoots.


Ketchup Item #B: I have an old beat up fiberglass canoe that I use out on the Little Spokane River. It has developed many cracks and holes over the years and I have repaired them. You can see some of my former repair work on the under bow there.


The time had come again to make some patches. I had two cracks right at the water line amid ships. They weren't critical but they allowed water into the boat so...like I said, it was time.


Repairing a fiberglass boat is really pretty easy. I make it one step easier by not caring how it looks. Like I said, this is a knock around boat. I don't want anything out of it other than river worthiness. 



You just paint a little resin onto the area to be patched, lay the fiberglass cloth onto the resin and work it in. You can sand it after it dries  to smooth it out, or just leave it for that classic White Trash look.
Ketchup Item III: While cleaning the house prior to the Solstice Party, I pulled all the furniture out of the living room and had a real good look at the floors. For the purposes of this particular Blog entry, I'm going to assume that Dave, the privious owner of the house, doesn't read this.


He didn't do a great job refinishing the floors. He made the one mistake that people make all the time when they re-do floors. He used a drum sander. While very efficient, they are difficult to control. You can see the divots in the floor in the picture above.


I don't want to be too hard on Dave because my skills are nothing to brag about. The only difference is we used a large pad sander which completely eliminates divots. We may re-do the finish on this floor, but I doubt it. We have a large carpet covering most of it so you really can't see it.


But I did feel the need to comment, and now I feel better. In the meantime, I think Dave is on a beach in the South Pacific not caring about my floors.

No comments: