Friday, June 01, 2012

The End of Heat

It is June First and in my world, that means it is time to shut down the furnace. I turned off the heat on the thermostat and closed the gas valve on the furnace. I suppose I could let the pilot light burn all Summer but that seems terribly wasteful. With it turned off, I still get charged about six bucks a month. I'm not sure why...providing access to gas?


Anyway, the furnace is off and it is now time to enjoy some Summer.


I say that as I sit on the front porch writing this entry at 11:35 PM and notice that it is just starting to rain. I guess I should go turn off the sprinkler that I set earlier.


I can hear activity out in the park. Some kids are out there doing what kids do. Lots of liberal use of the "F" word.


Susan has just arrived home from working at the arena. She was working a concert. It was some happening rap fellows named "LMFAO". To show how unhip I am, I will tell you I have no idea what that stands for.


And yet, life goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.