Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fresh Berry Harvest

About three years ago, my friend Arnie, who was visiting from San Francisquin, suggested I plant a raspberry plant in this one empty flowerbed. 


I thought it was a great suggestion and I acted on it almost immediately. That quick action is finally producing fruit. Berry Fruit!


We got a few small berries off the plant last summer but nothing substantial. This year, it's producing quite nicely. We picked a few berries here and there but this is my first major harvest.


Quite a haul, in my humble estimation.


In other news of the home, I got the mirror strung with a hanging instrument from which I hope it will hang. I need a heavy duty wall hook, the three nail type. I have a nice one nail hook but I'm not hanging that heavy mirror on that wimpy little thing.


The heat continues but we had a nice night of rain last night. It keeps me from having to water for a day so that sticks it in the face of the man...the water man...the oppressive city utilities department.

No comments: