Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shrubbery Maintenance

We are thinking very seriously about some front yard grooming and landscaping. We want to place some nice decorative bricks around the front space where flowers would go if we were to plant them. To this point, we have ignored the yards. Oh we water, we fertilize a bit, we mow. But it's not much more than that.


But first, I must move a shrubbery.


This Arbor Vitae on the right must move to the left about three feet where there is a gap and in line with the rest of the ArbVee's that are along that fence line.


I began the arduous task of carefully digging up the shrubbery in the least invasive and traumatic way possible. I didn't even get it finished tonight. I got a good start on digging it our as well as digging the hole into which it will live hence forth. I hope! 


I have transplanted one other Arbor Vitae and it took it about two months to die. I am hoping for better luck with this one.
In the meantime, I am gently scraping at the dirt and shoveling the scrapings into a pile. I hope to come back to it tomorrow and complete the job. That's not how it usually works though.

No comments: