Saturday, February 13, 2016

Accent Tile Victory

It still doesn't come out in the pictures but by light of day, the green accent tiles do look green.

After I stopped tiling last night and sat and relaxed, my body tightened up. I got up to go to bed and could hardly move. I'm still pretty stiff this morning but once I got up and got to moving around, I loosened up.

I had to take the cats in to the Vet today for their annual check up and shots. Oscar has gingivitis and Willy has lost a couple of pounds.

Now I'm back and it is time to get back to tiling. I'm going to get that finished today!

12:05 PM: V I C T O R Y ! ! !

I have finished the tiling. Shown above is the last tile. Me Am Happiness!

Now, before I rest on my laurels, I need to get to work on the shower and fix the hardie backer problem with the shower pan.

It's about four o'clock now and I have solved the shower pan dilemma. My original plan was to cut off the bottom part of the hardie backer rather than remove the whole board. Well, hardie backer is...um....hearty. My Dremmel Trim Saw wouldn't cut through it. And the blade on my skill saw was not up to cutting through either.

So, I just removed the boards.

Once I got the boards off, the shower pan slide right in to place. The drain was still a little cockeyed so I had to cut a bigger hole around the drain pipe. Again, I thought I was being so crafty cutting a nice tight hole for the drain pipe. Instead, it just screws with me down the road.
Therefore, the lesson is, in areas where it doesn't matter ascetically, give yourself plenty of room. Stop trying to be such a prima donna.

Now the shower pan fits in place nicely and I am happy for the moment. I am kind of concerned about the height of that drain though. It seems like it should fit tighter to the drain pan.

No comments: