Thursday, February 11, 2016

Highlight Tile Hightlights

I have spoken with my plumber and he informs me that the Hardie Backer needs to be outside the lip of the shower pan.

So, I am going to cut the Hardie Backer about a foot above the lip of the shower pan. Then I will cut it to the proper height, place the shower (hopefully) where it belongs and matches up nicely with the drain pipe and replace the Hardie Backer so it fits behind that lip and creates a nice solid water proof barrier.

It's another case of two steps forward and one step back that appears to be my construction modus operandi.

I spent about two hours tonight placing highlight tiles in the bathroom. The process is to squirt a little adhesive caulking into the tile space and then place the tile into the space, making an effort to center it as best you can.

I devoted about two hours to the job but I know I didn't work for two solid hours. It's very hard on my knees and back. So I squirt caulk into a section of tile, place the tile into the spaces with caulk and then take a five or ten or 20 minute break.
I got almost to half way before quitting for the evening at 9PM.

The unfortunate thing is that now that there is a substantial number of the green highlight tiles in place, they look black more than green. I'm hoping that will change when we get the final lighting fixtures in there to brighten the place up.

No comments: