Saturday, May 28, 2016

Memorial Weekend Saturday

10:45AM: We haven't done anything yet other than get up, read the paper, drink some coffee (with Baileys) and enjoy a wonderful breakfast of Cheese Eggs and Taters. 

There was a segment on "Ask This Old House" where they replaced a door into a closet with a book shelf that swung open like a hidden door, similar to what I want to do in the bathroom where the old stairway is. I recorded it so I can refer back it when I show Jerry what I want to do.

I've run some laundry this morning and I vacuumed the balcony. Now I'm going up to mop the balcony floor before I move on to my next project.

7:46PM: Many hours have passed and our yard looks better for it. Susan got one of the front gardens planted and all of the Geranium boxes for up stairs on the balcony. 
I cut down a couple of dead arbor vitae and cleaned up around the yard in general. While Susan accomplished a lot and it shows, I accomplished a lot and you might never know it.
Here is the other flower bed that Susan will plant tomorrow.

We went to check out our tile choices and will be ordering everything on Tuesday. After the tile store and a brief stop at "the Depot", we went to the Hub. 

Now we are winding down our day and going to enjoy some burgers, beer and an old Jimmy Stewart movie, "The Shop Around the Corner."

10:17PM: "The Shop Around the Corner" was remade in the 90's as "You've Got Mail". While neither movie was a laugh riot, we got a little joy out of it. It featured Frank Morgan, who is best known as the Wizard of Oz. The odd thing about the movie was that it was set in Budapest. Nobody spoke with an accent and it was really an unnecessary affectation.

Now that the movie review is over, lets have a pit fire and enjoy the first blurry S'Mores of the summer season.


No comments: