Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Cost of Bailey's

Despite my dumbassery, the sprinkler is motoring along. I'm happy to have it back.

It's another beautiful day with the forecast predicting temperatures to hit the nineties...again. We are planning to do stuff around the house. One of my planned jobs is mowing the lawn.

This will be made extra interesting by the fact that I am wearing a heart monitor. I have to wear it for 48 hours, which expires around 4:00PM today. I thought it would be a good idea to have it record me while active. I have already noted a bike ride on Thursday.
I'm also sitting around this morning doing some ciphering. We always enjoy a bit of coffee with our Bailey's Irish Cream on the weekends and I decided to figure out how much it costs per cup. We go through a 1.75 liter bottle ($42.00) in two weekends. I figured that a 4 ounce pour of Bailey's costs just under $3.00.

My ciphering continues with figuring out my average weight, blood pressure and heart beat over the last 28 days. (I've been keeping notes) That information is over on my health blog, www.porkymccorpulent.blogspot.com.

For now, I need to get some breakfast going and prepare for the many tasks ahead.

10:30AM: Breakfast is finished, Susan has left for a hair appointment, and it is time to mow.

12:58PM: The mowing is in the rear-view mirror and I have survived it with no issues to speak of. I have some lawn watering going and I'm going to go out and try to put some paint on the primed siding. We primed on the 6th so I think it has had time to cure.

3:19PM: I got down the first coat of the green but if you look close, it's streaky. It needs a second coat, which I'm about to go out and put down.


5:16PM: Susan has been working on the shower tile, tidying up the edges so the wall paper will lay cleanly and flatly. 
The second coat of paint went on rather quickly, as you might expect. The unfortunate thing is I used up all the paint and am unsure as to the correct formula for more paint. We shall have to search our records.

After getting the second coat on the siding, I went upstairs to fold some of my laundry. I course of doing so, I discovered that the time had run out on my Heart Monitor and I was Free At Last!

This meant I could have a shower. After all the dust and grime I threw into the air whilst mowing, and having gone 48 hours without a proper cleaning, I was ready. And it felt GREAT!

8:15PM: We have just returned from a delicious meal at the Cathay Inn and we are ready to further adulterate the Tempranillo wine.

Susan purchased three more cans of grape juice. We will be starting by adding half of one can.

Later: We ended up adding the whole can and stopping there. We are now satisfied and this will be as good as it gets.

Bottling is tomorrow.


No comments: