Sunday, August 28, 2016

Wall Paper Finale

Summer is winding down but we are in full tilt "Git-Out-Thar-and-Git-Ur-Dunn" mode. (Yeah, we speak stupid when the Summer is winding down.)

Yesterday, Susan made great progress in the bathroom with her wall papering. She expects to finish up today. I'm going to try and place some of my wainscoting panels but I don't want to get in her way. 

Therefore, I'm holding off and working on a couple of other projects which I will show you in the amazing paragraphs to come.

But first, we went to a baseball game last night. The Spokane Indians were playing the TriCity Dust Bastards. As we drove up to the stadium at the end of the second inning, the score was 0-1, the Dust Bastards were up.

By the time we got to our seats, the score was 0-6.

The final score was 9-3 with the Indians losing. But I got some pictures.
Here is one of my pal Jerry, taking pictures from far across the concourse.
Okay, let's talk about today.

Here is one of my many projects for today.
There is supposed to be a post to hold that gate closed.
I decided that I should get a nice coat of paint on it before I replace it,
In between painting, I decided to drain the hot tub. The heat has been off for the last couple of months because we just don't use it in the summer. I have totally neglected it and was very surprised to open it and discover that it had not turned into a thick green slim. All it had was a bunch of leaves and detritus material.

I went across the street and borrowed Lou's sump pump. If I where to attach the hose to the drain nozzle and let it drain that way, it would take hours. With Lou's pump, it takes about half an hour.

It makes quite a mess of the yard though. I kind of flooded neighbor Ted's driveway.

It was a nice warm summer day so I kind of enjoyed cleaning the hot tub. I got in there with my swim trunks and scrubbed the sides with comet. Then I filled it about a quarter way full and drained the water. Another rinse and drain. 

It worked well and the tub is back in service. It will take it a day to get back to temperature but I think I'm going to tone it down to the nineties, at least for the next month or so.


I got the repainted post installed as well.

While I was out in nature, Susan was sequestered in the bathroom finishing the wallpapering.
Here she is laying the last section of wall paper. I think she is mostly happy with the finished product but has some issues with a couple of things. 

One problem is that nothing in the room is square. The wall paper highlights that fact if you look carefully. 

So don't look carefully.

No comments: