Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Garage Door Day

Today is a momentous occasion in the journey to someday getting a better garage.

They are coming to install a new garage door on our tiny little single car garage.

This is how it looked last night.
I got home and got to work cleaning the space they need to work in. I hope I have it properly cleared for them to do the work. 

Susan is dealing with the Door Guys. She left early for work and then is planning to return around 10 when they get there. Then she will leave them alone and return to work until they call and tell her they are done. Then she will drive back home and write them a check for the remaining 600 and some dollars we owe. We already gave them a down payment of half the cost of the door.

One of the things I'm going to have to do is wire in a new electrical box and outlet to plug in the opener.

The other more immediate thing I need to do is figure out what to do with the old doors. They are large and heavy but not without charm. I'm sure someone will be able to find a purpose for them. We don't want a whole lot of money for them. Perhaps a couple of hundred dollars.

6:54PM: I am home now and so very excited. Look at our bitchin' new door!
And look! It opens at the push of a button.
Another great feature is the light. It's just as good as the fluorescent light bar I have been using but much easier to access. I'm very pleased with the results. Now I'm just waiting for Susan to get home so we can see if a car will fit in there. Stand by.

It FITS! Just barely. I could still stand to remove more stuff. The main stuff in there that's blocking is all power equipment. Mowers, snow blowers, vacuums and assorted other yard implements.

I didn't take a picture cuz it was too dark.

No comments: