Thursday, October 05, 2017

SF Day One

We are on vacation. I am writing from San Fran. They hate it when you call it that, but this is my blog and I will pronounciationalize anything I want, any way I want.

We are on vacation! We will be spending the next few days in San Fran City for the wonderful three day music festival known as Golden Gate Banjo Party. It is three days of free music of the bluegrass variety in Golden Gate Park. It is not strictly limited to bluegrass. It looks as though there will be some jazz, some rock, some country, some hip hop, and some horrible slam poetry.

Our plane left Spokane at 9:30 and we landed in Seattle before we even got off the ground. There was a slight delay because somebody found a drop of fluid somewhere around one of the engines and they decided they had better look at it. I'm okay with that. Then we had to sit around Seattle for a couple of hours before getting on the next plane that was delayed because they had no barge.

This is why I always say that planes should have reverse.

We landed in Frisco (they hate it when you call it "Frisco") about 4:30 and were picked up by my pal Arnie, with whom we were lodging.

We are now securely settled in the West Portal district of town and awaiting a ride to Mill Valley for dinner and a concert with Robert Earl Keene.

No comments: