Sunday, October 15, 2017

Working Class Heroes

After the previous weekend of lounging about a large urban park, taking in a variety of blue grass and not so blue grass acts while inhaling enough second hand marijuana to mellow an angry skinhead, it was nice to be home and accomplish a whole shitload of accomplishments.

It has been rainy the last couple of days and Saturday was supposed to be nice. It didn't rain but it was not nice. However, it was nice enough.

I prepared for a trip to the dump the following day by arranging a pile of crap that was dump worthy. I did not have as much as I was hoping because I did not do a very thorough job of cleaning out the garage and the Carriage House. The Carriage House really needs a complete emptying and sorting. Most of the sorting should include tossing.

I also got to work cleaning up the backyard of all the wood debris I have collected.

I finally got around to cutting down the telephone posts from the alley into manageable sizes for splitting. Then I got to the task of splitting and it went really well. They split like butter. I took a couple of rounds and split them down to kindling. We now have a crap load of wood.
In the coarse of splitting the wood, I cut my splitting stump in half.
I suppose that is inevitable if you split a lot of wood. I split one half and kept the other as my new, smaller splitting stump.

Sunday (today) turned out to be the nice day. We returned from church and got to work in the yard. I finished cutting up wood and now we have a substantial wood pile. We shall be having some fires.

Mark came over about noon-thirty and we got to work loading up the U-Haul he rented with my garbage. Mark already had a sizeable amount in there. I asked my neighbor Ted if he had anything and he said he did. We ended up filling the rest of the truck with Ted's crap. It came from the rental house across the alley from us that Ted owns. He is preparing to sell it.

WE had just under a ton, 1,980 pounds. It cost $106.00 to dump. I had a $20 dump pass which brought it down to $86. Ted and Mark worked something out and I'll give him some money as well.

Now it is time for beer.

No comments: