Friday, September 04, 2020

Labrador 2020 - Day Oh - Day Ay Ay Ay Oh Day I Say Day I Say Day Ay Ay Oh

It's Friday at the start of the Labor Day weekend and I am on a mission. I have a lot to get accomplished today and it is not being helped by me sitting here and tapping away at this keyboard.

I'm about to head out to acquire a bunch of stuff. Varnish, a varnish applicator, a new roller pan, and a few chunks of hickory wood.

One of the main goals we have for the weekend is to barbecue a twelve pound brisket on our Weber. We have a concise recipe to follow and it should take about 10 hours to create this jewel of steaming meaty goodness.

If you're a vegetarian, this is not a post you want to hang with.

I shall continue upon my return from the errands.


12:27 PM: It took all of 10 minutes to get this first coat of varnish down.

I did great with my errands. I first stopped at the General Store, my "Go To" neighborhood hardware store. I managed to find one of the items on my list that I thought was going to be difficult to find, chunks of Hickory. It's a main ingredient for my barbecue project.

I also scored on the star of the barbecue...

The Brisket! It's 12 and a half pounds and it cost $45.00.

I made a few other stops and got back to the house about 11:15.

Here it is now, just before one, and my goals for the day are complete. I guess I need to find some new goals.

Oh! I thought of one. I need to give the cue and good cleaning.

7:21 PM: I cleaned the barbecue. I weed whacked the back yard. I went to the pool. I am pleased with my day.

No comments: