Sunday, September 27, 2020

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

 We attempted work on the TV Room this weekend, but we did not achieve great results.

We tried to hang the closet door and ran into a problem. It wouldn't close. There's no reason it shouldn't close. It came off the same door jam. However, stuff might have gotten moved around during dry walling, trimming or passage of time.

We made note of where the door was hitting and went about the task of really screwing up the door.

This picture does not show the problem very well but there is a wide gap in the middle of the door on the strike side.

I took a belt sander to the side of the door to try and remove some wood where it was hitting the jam. I was too aggressive. I tried working on the door today but I'm really not sure yet what I'm going to do.

I had better luck with the crown molding.

Here's a picture from last week when we put it up.

Here's a picture from today after I caulked around the top and bottom of the crown.

Once it's painted, it will be totally awesome.

No comments: