Monday, December 27, 2021

After Christmas Monday

 We are heading into a cold spell for the next week. It's 20° right now and that is going to be the high for the week. They are projecting a low of zero on Wednesday.

It snowed enough last night for me to break out the snow blower this morning and hit the neighborhood. It's been threatening to snow more, but so far it hasn't happened.

I'm using my time today to set up an office space for me. I have kept this laptop computer down on the kitchen table and I gather too much crap too quickly there and soon, the table doesn't have a bare spot on it. 

So I'm setting up in the upstairs back bedroom. We have a good long counter space there which will be good for me to work on the computer away from the TV and give me some drawing space as well.

There is a shit load of clutter on the counter right now and I'm trying to de-clutterize. (Is that a word?)

My other main goal for today is to fix our EdenPure heater that we use in the kitchen. A couple of years ago, the power switch on it stopped working. The heat and electricity going through it finally cooked it. I managed to find some replacement switches through Granger.com but they are not sturdy enough to last very long. I got six last year and I have used them up. 

Needless to say, I am now quite adept at replacing the switch. I ordered some new ones directly from EdenPure so they should be built to take the amps and heat that the heater produces.

We shall see.

Later: Well, that didn't go well. I got the new switch in and it has power. However, there must be something else going on because the heater never came on. Now I'm going to have to really dig into and check the heating elements.

No comments: