Saturday, January 08, 2022

After the Snow

I estimate that about se7en inches of snow fell yesterday. It started to rain about 4:00 and the rain continued well into the night. It was still raining when I got up around 1:00AM.

The streets around the neighborhood are sloppy messes right now but the main arterials and bare and wet. So I use four wheel drive in the neighborhood and switch back to two wheel when I get to the main roads.

I would say the snow plow crews have done a pretty good job. It's 43° out right now and it looks from the forecast as though our cold spell is over.

I managed to knock down that problem icicle I referenced yesterday. I'm still not convinced that there is not a problem with pooling water up there. I'm sure there is a good puddle of water up in that crevice where the roofs meets. I'm depending in the new roof to keep that water from leaking down the wall as it once did.

I'm keeping an eye on it.

My job for today is to get all the Christmas stuff put away up in the Carriage House.    

No comments: