Saturday, January 15, 2022

Hot Tub Cleaning

 Several weeks ago I made a major faux pas with the hot tub. I have been using bromine based chemicals to maintain the water and my supplier stopped selling it. So I bought chlorine based chemicals that replaced the old stuff.

I should have drained the tub containing the bromine chemicals because when I added the chlorine, the water turned yellow. The two systems are not compatible.

So it took me until today to fix the problem. The tub has been drained and there is scorched earth area of my front lawn where the old water went. I’m going to put some ice melt down on the sidewalk to prevent the water that made it that far from icing up.

I just checked the tub and it is almost half way full. Once the water covers the heating duct, I can turn on the pump and heater and begin the reheating process. It might even be ready tonight.

The heat is on now and it should not be much longer before the tub is full.

It’s taken me less than two hours to complete this little project. I haven’t yet decided whether to use the chlorine chemicals or find a new outlet for bromine, which I’m much more used to.

Now it’s time for some Gonzaga Basket Weaving. Today they are weaving their way through the Bronco Boys from Santa Clara.

Later: Gonzaga appears to be well on the way to winning this basket weaving game. With less than three minutes, they are up by 34 weaves.

A Little Later: It's 5:00 and I just checked the tub. It will not be ready for tonight unless one wants to get into 50° water.

No comments: