Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Snowin' and Blowin' and Skiin'

 I awoke to four inches of snow this morning. It was light and easily snow blown away. I covered my usual territory and kept the block free of slippery sidewalks.

After blowing, I went skiing with my life long friend Robba. We skied seven runs but it was not pretty for me. My stamina continues to vex me. I make a few turns and then stop to rest and catch my breath. I don't feel confident in my abilities anymore. I am now pretty much a fair weather skier.

I remember when my Dad became a fair weather skier. I was really caught off guard because he had always been such a gung ho ski guy. Suddenly, he was skiing three runs and heading for the lodge.

Well, I continue to turn into my Dad.

We have more snow on the way tonight. They are saying it's possible that seven inches could fall. We shall see. I'm not holding my breath though.

No comments: